Thursday 8 May 2008

Bod Mods and Jerkwads

The prejudice against tattoos and body modification comes from a place I personally am not from, I can easily accept a persons desire to inject ink into their skin to create a visual effect. I dont have the urge myself, as I see it as a form of 'advertising', something to do with human attraction, but thats simply an educated guess. Those hounded religious types will get a bashing from bloggers on this subject due to the fact that the body is seen as 'belonging to God' and should not be tampered with, however, I believe that that attitude is no different than the 'my body is a temple' attitude that is perminantly popular for about 3 months at a time, its just a way of saying 'take care of yourself'. A lack of taste, however, is inexcusable, i mean, those ear skin rings? yeuk!! please, spare me. The issue of forced castration is an incredably sensitive one which questions morality and the validity of tribal traditions, which I will shrewdly avoid.(hey! look at the lovely weather)

No comments: