Thursday 8 May 2008

Hahanotsomuch.com

The issue of bad comedy, has never affected me, as a white male(im sorry, sorry, very sorry, sorry again) I haven't had my race belittled or insulted by many comedians(unless you count Jo Brand, which i DONT, HA!). I can, of course, identify bad 'reactionary' humour when I see it, but from an objective standpoint, I can see where it comes from and why some people choose to tell offensive jokes(thanks to the lecture), it is most likely a sign of insecurity, lack of taste and a complex social situation which leads to an urge to belittle a certain identified 'other' type of people. Objectively, it is easy to analyse and ignore reactionary humour, however, its not my opinion which counts when we are talking about prejudice and racial hatred.

No comments: