Thursday 8 May 2008

Hold on, what did you say? A cigarette represents what???

My experiences with smoking? Well, my dad smoked, and he smelt bad, my nan smokes, and she smells bad, and you, you smoke, and you stink! sorry to be the 1 millionth person to tell you, but its not big and its not cool. But the discussion on this is a fairly short one; anyone with a shread of sense knows that smoking is a self destructive habit, however, what does an addict care when a craving sets in which cant be fought, its a chemical reaction which happens in the brain. As senseless as it seems to outsiders, smokers wont think twice before lighting up and taking in a lung clogging drag of that musky old road, yum yum, and I think we can all understand and sympathise, dont we all have our irrational quirks and drives? One quick reflection from the lecture; Never in my life have I ever thought a cigarette represented a penis, for one, I give a little more credit to the human race than to assume that we all run around saying 'hey! look at my nob, isnt it great?!' but perhaps you'll all say im just naive. In my own experience, ive never found smoking sexy, no matter who's black teeth and yellow fingers are holding the cigs, am I wrong? in this case, im really not bothered.

No comments: